Friday, January 17, 2014

FINAL QUESTION #2

My best Blog Post:

Why I chose it:
 
After doing this post is when I realized what this class was really going to be about. It wasn't just about test scores and projects, we were actually going to be doing research and LEARNING things by asking questions and having genuine curiosity. It set the tone for the rest of the semester for me, and I realized that this would be independent learning. I also picked this post because I just found this to be so incredibly cool!

What did I learn from it:

I learned that animals have some very interesting survival tools and can evolve into some really freaky things. I learned how some animals can go to such lengths such as breaking their bones to stay alive. Survival instincts are so interesting and this was a clear example to me of what crazy defense mechanisms can look like. 

What stands out about this post:

IT IS A FROG THAT BREAKS ITS BONES AND USES THEM AS A WEAPON.
That stands out to me a lot. What also stands out is the fact that this post (where we all had to find an interesting animal) made me some new friends. I remember we were talking about our different animals that we chose and why we chose them. 

Relation to main theme:

I think that this relates to evolution. Animals are constantly evolving to better suit their environment. To stay alive in its environment, this frog has adapted unique survival skills which result in combat. It will fight to its death if it feels threatened or is preyed upon. Evolution has given this animal the ability to break its bone to use them as weapons as well as a fake thumb that it can retract to use as a weapon, too.
Evolution is an extremely interesting concept, and for someone who is scared of change, I loved learning about change and how change can be good.

1 comment: