Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Reflection

1) I am most proud of the following three pieces of work:

- Video Assignment
- Question + Research
- Virus Research

I chose these three because the video assignment was a good representation of working together and learning to work with other people. Also, asking ourselves a question about organisms was interesting because it was a way to look at the world in a more "scientific way" which is something important to be able to do in Biology. I think looking at other people's questions and seeing their perspective was interesting, too. Lastly, I picked the virus research because I'm biased and learning about viruses has been my favourite part so far. Learning about viruses is cool, but picking one specific kind and learning about it was actually fun and not too painful.

2) My binder is organized and I have completed work. However, I think our blogs are more important. I say this because our binder may be filled with worksheets and notes, but our blogs actually show what we've learned!

3) I think the comments that mean the most to me have been the comments on my question about owls! It was interesting to see other people's opinions and theories on my question, and hearing their point of view, too.

4) I don't think being engaged in class means being the one to answer all the questions; I think being able to actually ask questions and ponder/wonder WHY is being engaged. Asking questions is not only taking initiative and participating, but it's also a great learning tool. I feel like I do a good job at asking questions and absorbing information.

5) My goal for this class to be able to look at things in a scientific way and always ask "why?" I hope I get an A, too. Just because I'm acing all my classes and I want to ace this class, too LOL
However, from this class I just hope to take away a good understanding of the things around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment